what are Qrs?
Qrs are a type of determiners (, or ) that expresses the quantity of something.
Quantifiers usually take place in front of nouns (as in ), but they may also work as pronouns as follow (as ).
Quantifiers can be a group of words (such as ).
Quantifiers are answering the following questions:
- how many? ( for countable nouns)
- how much? ( for uncountable nouns)
- a little/little/very little
- a bit (of)
- a great deal of
- a large amount of
- a large quantity of
- I like coffee with little sugar.
- We export a large quantity of green tea to Canada.
- They fish a large amount of fish today.
- not any
- a lot of
- lots of
- plenty of
- All my family's laptops are made in China.
- She got enough money from the previous project.
- There is not any car in the parking now.
- a few/few/very few
- a number (of)
- a large number of
- a great number of
- Many students are absent today.
- I use very few words in my sentences.
- My mother has a large number of shoes.